Thank you for your interest in First Aid 4 Paws. We offer certified Pet First Aid & CPR training for the south Michigan area including Metro Detroit and Ann Arbor. We offer several courses and services geared towards pet owners, pet professionals, and non-profit pet groups. From one day work shops to 6 hour classes to 30 minute speaking engagements.
Pet First Aid class hosted by Grosse Ile Animal Control
Pet First Aid is the immediate care given to a pet who has been injured or suddenly takes ill. This includes home care and when necessary veterinary help. Knowing the skills and techniques of pet first aid can mean the difference between life and death; temporary and permanent disability; expensive veterinarian bills and reasonable home care. Pets are counting on you...
- Did you know that according to the American Animal Hospital Association (AAHA) 1 out of 4 more pets could be saved if just one pet first aid technique was applied prior to getting Veterinary treatment?
- Did you know that preventable accidents are the leading cause of death and disability for non-senior dogs and cats?
- Do you know what to do if your pets have a medical emergency?
Certified Pet First Aid & CPR classes are now available. The training is taught by interactive lecture, demonstration and hands-on skill practice. The classes include a Pet First Aid handbook and upon successful completion, each participant will receive a certificate suitable for framing, emergency wallet card, save my pets home card, emergency muzzle, and more. We offer both public and private classes. These are perfect for pet owners and pet professionals.
Introduction to Pet First Aid hosted by Comcast
- Are you a pet owner? Reduce vet bills by catching problems early and improve the quality of life for your pets with our class.
- Do you own a pet related business? Reduce liability and impress potential clients by having your staff trained - on site or at our public classes. Businesses also receive use of logos and listing on our verified business page.
- Do you work with a pet rescue organization? Have a class that will benefit your members and be a fundraiser for your organization at the same time. Your location or ours.
- We also offer shorter "Introduction to Pet First Aid and Wellness" presentations for your charity event, place of business, club meeting, social group etc. at your location. Please contact us to see how we can make your next event educational and entertaining!
Contact us for more information on private classes for your group or organization. See below for our public classes.
Showing proper placement of hands for CPR
Written materials alone do not constitute a pet first aid course. To gain the skills and techniques of pet first aid, it is advised you successfully complete a comprehensive Pet First Aid course taught by certified, experienced, properly trained instructors. The skills and techniques of pet first aid are best learned through interactive lecture, demonstration and hands-on skill practice.
Our comprehensive courses cover the following topics and much more:
What is normal for a dog or cat
How to approach a sick or injured pet
Recognizing an emergency
How to detect dehydration
CPR and rescue breathing
Bone, muscle and joint injuries
Assembling a Pet First Aid Kit
Puncture and bite wounds
Click here for more info
Pet owners are now beginning to realize that part of being a caring, conscientious, responsible and loving pet owner is knowing the necessary skills and techniques of pet first aid and care, and being prepared in the unfortunate event of a medical emergency involving their pet. First Aid 4 Paws makes learning these valuable skills easy, fun, interactive and cost effective.